Whether decorating nails, lips, wardrobes or interiors, the colours we choose in our life unquestionably and strongly reflect our individual personality, style, mindset and intentions. Last year brought us a mix… subtle, comforting tones reflecting a continued need for calm, along with joyful brights as adventures were reawakened.
This year, we see collective confidence and a love for experimentation and creative expression growing. With this, brave, playful, warm and vibrant colours will make their glorious (and very welcome) comeback.
- Colour trend authority, Pantone, predicts ‘Viva Magenta’ will be the colour of the year. We couldn’t love this prophecy more. Fearless, exuberant, rebellious, celebratory and empowering, it’s an inclusive hue everyone can enjoy. Channel the punchy end of this shade with Hollywood Rose or introduce more depth and warmth with Cashmere.
- Sticking momentarily with the blush side of this galvanising shade spectrum, pops of bright rosy-corals, like Bubble Gum, are expected to make a renaissance for their faultless ability to raise smiles and spirits.
- On the theme of warmth, prepare for yellow polishes to skyrocket in popularity. Colourful and characterful, express your free-spirited side with Folie Douce or opt for all-out verve with our rich metallic yellow Golden Hour.
- We predict blues in general will be big in 2023. Previous years have seen it as a rather niche, yet fiercely loved, nail hue. This year, we’re all ready to embrace the liberating contrast it adds to our look. For a lighter, though no less lively polish, choose Charleston or, to truly electrify your ensemble, sweep on Maliblue.
- Red polish lovers will be thrilled at the return of seriously standout nail colours. While Rouge is, and will remain, a colour icon, it will need to set aside some space this coming year for our ultra-bright, no-holds-barred red-orange, Cherry Chérie.
- Blacks will forever be in favour, though deep darks with earthy brown or opulent red undertones will see rising demand. Have your nail polish palette ready with Hot Coco, our rich chocolate-espresso, and long-loved Nailberry favourite, Noirberry.
- Of course, neutral nail hues will remain a must-have for all, though we’ll find ourselves reaching for the richer, warmer, earthier end of the spectrum. Personal favourites include our elegant, creamy taupe Cocoa Cabana and brooding brown Taupe La.
Well, if dynamism and vibrancy are the order of 2023, enjoy the ultimate wear and effect from your chosen nail colour with one of our breathable base coats, finished with our top-selling, gel-effect UV Gloss Top Coat.